Job Profile: Technical Operations Assistant Manager
Department: Technical Operations
Location: Head Office, Manchester
Reporting to: Technical Operations Manager
* Supporting the Technical Operations Manager in the day-to-day running of the department.
* To manage the workflow between the Customer Services and Technical Services department.
* Manage and oversee the Watchmakers.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist the Technical Operations Manager to effectively manage the team to achieve departmental targets; budgets, repair volumes, quality control and turnaround times.
* Oversee the Watchmaker department, manage the productivity of the department.
* Ensure lead times are maintained.
* To support the development of departmental processes, projects and service delivery.
* Responsible for the management and development of the Watchmaker team and for driving new initiatives within these areas.
* Competing employee reviews, assessing training and development needs and conducting performance management processes where required.
* Provide administrative support to the manager and team including developing and tracking reports, KPIs, booking meetings and travel arrangements.
* Technical point of contact, manage queries and estimates liaising with the customer service department.
* Ensure accurate record keeping.
* Allocate daily workload to the team.
* Report all QC failures on the system.
* Compile and distribute reports tracking departmental KPI’s and work in progress on a weekly/monthly basis.
* Monitor absence levels within team, conduct return to work interviews and manage attend manage attendance reporting.
* Prepare monthly repairs reports (under guarantee, sickness and overtime records).
* Promote quality achievement and performance improvement.
* Assess training needs of the team and deliver/coordinate appropriate training programs.
* Plan and conduct inductions for new joiners to the department.
Qualification, Experience and Skills Required
* GCSE standard and above.
* WOSTEP or equivalent level of expertise/qualification.
* Experience of working alongside managers.
* Experience of managing a team.
* High level of technical skills, Qualified Watchmaker.
* Experience of delivering business objectives and working to tight deadlines.
* Experience of working with a luxury brand (preferable).
* Excellent PC skills.
* Able to produce and analyse reports and documentation.
* Able to prioritise and plan own workload in accordance with strict deadlines.
* Able to work under pressure achieving a high level of accuracy.
* Able to work flexibly, to handle change and to work as part of a team.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to work with people at all levels, drive initiatives and manage people.
Confronting Direct Reports
Drive for results
Ethics & Values
Integrity & Trust
Learning on the Fly
Managing & Measuring Work
Timely Decision Making
Contacts and Relationships
All internal departments
Aftersales Service suppliers
For further information or to submit a CV, please contact Zara Rehman: E: email@example.com