At AMJ Watch Services, we specialise in watch repair and restoration covering all the major watch brands. Based in central London, with customers worldwide, we provide a comprehensive and professional watch repair service on a wide range of watch brands including approved service centre for Omega, Longines and Tissot. We also service Hublot, Rolex, Tag Heuer, Zenith and many others.
We are currently looking for a highly experienced Workshop Manager to join our team in Central London.
The successful candidate will manage our busy workshop and work alongside existing watchmakers with 50 years combined experience, plus excellent technicians.
Salary and benefits are excellent and dependent upon experience. The workshop is modern and very well equipped having recently been granted Omega certification.
- Complete servicing on a wide variety of watches, including chronographs and movements with complications.
- Carry out restorations on vintage watches and possess the skill to manufacture obsolete parts.
- Oversee the ordering of all parts and equipment required for the workshop, including from the company’s workshop accredited watch brands.
- Devise purchasing policies to maintain an inventory of spare parts, evaluate prices and products from various suppliers and make decisions based upon cost effectiveness and expedience.
- Attend training seminars provided by the workshop accredited brands in order to keep up-to-date with developments in servicing techniques and familiarisation of new watch models.
- Provide training to other members of staff to maintain a consistent high standard.
- Carry out final quality control of all repairs.
- WOSTEP or equivalent qualification, such an apprenticeship, is essential with at least five years’ experience in repairing luxury watch brands.
- Previous brand accreditation and training for a luxury watch brand.
- Previous experience in managing a busy brand accredited workshop while overseeing the work carried out by other watchmakers and an excellent ability to maintain high standards of workmanship and productivity.
- Experience in negotiating with parts and equipment suppliers.
- Formal training in the restoration of vintage watches with a proven ability to manufacture parts that are obsolete.
- A high level of computer proficiency.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the current state of the watch industry.
Start date: February 2018
To apply send your CV to email@example.com