Find your dream job
Industry leaders look here for their next employees. Major companies including Gucci, Rolex UK, Patek Philippe and Breitling advertise for staff with the British Horological Institute, as well as independents such as Roger W. Smith.
Look here for the next step in your horological career.
Advertise your vacancy with us
Reach a global audience, including established industry professionals, skilled workers, new talent and people looking for placements and apprenticeships.
In addition to your vacancy being advertised online, it will be placed automatically in our prestigious printed publication The Horological Journal (HJ).
Call Rachel Reeves 01636 817602Email Rachel Download the Rate Card
Established in 1986, S Michlmayr & Co Ltd is an established clock and watch business run by Simon Michlmayr FBHI with a team of experienced and qualified watchmakers.
We are pleased to announce that we have a full time position available for a Watchmaker. This is not a trainee post.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Laings is a prestigious family-run jeweller with 180 years’ experience in the industry.
Established in 1840, we are now one of the largest independent jewellery businesses, operating six stores across the UK (three shops nestled within the iconic Argyll Arcade in Glasgow, and one each in Edinburgh, Southampton and Cardiff).
The Laings culture is one of mutual trust, respect and honesty. Our staff strive to be the best in the business and our aim is to provide our customers with an unforgettable, luxurious experience whatever the occasion may be.
Your New Role
We are looking for an experienced Workshop Manager to be based in our Edinburgh Workshop. This is a full-time permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday.
Reporting to the Head of Service, the Workshop Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of all aspects of the workshop including line management and development of the workshop team. The Workshop Manager will constantly be looking to uphold Laings brand standards, as well improve the day-to-day running of the workshop.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee each department within the workshop
- Responsibility for coaching the Workshop Teams
- Ensure monthly 1-1, interim and annual performance reviews are held with the team
- Put Personal Development Plans into place for each member of the workshop team
- Working with Head of Service, be instrumental in developing the workflow within the workshop
- Implement stock control of materials
- Monitor and increase department sales/profit margins
- Manage lead times and ensure timely delivery of work completed in the workshop
- Manage productivity within the workshop
- Uphold the highest level of quality within the workshop
- Managing material levels within the workshop
- Provide an exemplary and personal level of customer service to all clients
- Champion and communicate the skills of the workshops to promote the array of skills within the business, and showcase company assets.
- 5+ years’ experience within a watchmaking service centre
- Deep understanding of workshop accreditations and maintenance
- Understanding of workflow management
- Excellent IT skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Polite, friendly and well mannered
- Good delegation and decision making skills
- Supportive management style
- Adaptable and flexible
- Outstanding luxury customer service experience
What we will offer you
As well as a competitive salary and reward package, we are proud to offer a wide range of fantastic benefits to our employees, including healthcare, pension, 28 days holiday, Employee Assistance Programme and a generous employee discount scheme.
Please send applications to email@example.com
Be part of our future, join us.
Based in Worsley, Manchester, we are looking to recruit an experienced/qualified Watchmaker to join our UK aftersales team.
As part of LVMH, the world’s leading luxury goods group, we offer competitive salary, annual bonus, pension scheme, life cover and private health as well as brand and development training opportunities.
- Servicing and repairing all types of quartz and automatic watches to the highest of standards within expected time frames
- Support the department in providing an efficient and competitive UK after sales service which appropriately reflects brand values and results in high customer satisfaction and brand loyalty
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out services and repairs to all types of mechanical and quartz watches
- Carry out refurbishment of precious metal and stainless steel cases and bracelets
- Achieve workload targets within agreed time frames and standards, and contribute to achievement of department targets
- Conduct and support the training of technicians and trainee watchmakers in all aspects of servicing and overhauling watches
- Providing advice and information to the manager as required
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement
- Develop and maintain an in-depth current product and brand knowledge
- Proactive in developing technical skills and industry knowledge
- Attend in house and brand house training
- Support technical training and events across other business areas
- Maintain high quality of work, keeping returns to a minimum and resulting in customer satisfaction and a positive brand image.
Qualification, Experience and Skills Required:
- WOSTEP/BHI or Swiss watchmaking qualification and training
- Minimum GCSE level qualifications
- Professional/career level watchmaking experience (Swiss/luxury brand preferable)
- Ability to service and maintain Swiss/luxury timepieces
- Experience of working as part of a team in a commercial technical department/business and individually
- Proven experience of working towards and achieving departmental targets
- Commercial awareness
- Passion for watches/luxury timepieces
- Able to prioritise and plan own workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work flexibly, to embrace change and to work as part of a team
- Self-motivated with a drive for results
- Ambitious with a willingness to learn and complete development training
- Be a brand ambassador of the business
- Able to work under pressure achieving a high level of accuracy
Please send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Highly competitive; TBC depending on experience and accreditations
Benefits: Performance-related bonus, private healthcare, life cover and pension plan, relocation package if required.
Contract: Full time, permanent
Closing date: 4 March 2021
We are delighted to announce a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Watchmaker to join the team at our ROLEX accredited service centre at Whittles of Preston (part of Beaverbrooks).
The service centre will undertake a full redevelopment with state of the art technology and machinery. We are at the start of a very exciting journey and there is opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career further.
Experience in servicing ROLEX watches is preferred but not essential. You must have worked with other luxury Swiss watch brands. Full support to attain required brand accreditations will be given.
All candidates must have either BHI or WOSTEP accreditation. An individual with ROLEX accreditation would be highly desirable.
As one of the UK’s best employers, we offer a competitive salary, pension, life cover and private healthcare. There is also a relocation package available if required.
The successful candidate will mainly be responsible for the servicing of modern and classic ROLEX calibers although other duties and responsibilities may include:
- Troubleshooting mechanical problems
- Servicing and repairs on a variety of luxury brands and their automatic and quartz movements
- Carrying out refurbishment of precious metals and stainless-steel cases and bracelets
- Achieving workload targets within agreed timeframes to contribute to achievement of department targets.
- Conducting and supporting training of trainee watchmakers and technicians for all aspects of watch servicing and repairs
- Developing and maintaining in depth relevant brand and product knowledge
- Attending in-house and brand training for personal ongoing development
- Maintaining a high standard of work and keeping returns to a minimum.
The Ideal Candidate
- A graduate of a watchmaker programme with either the BHI or WOSTEP
- Experience in servicing and repairing Swiss luxury watches
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- ROLEX Brand accreditation
About the Company
We are a family business and you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family, from the very smallest details to the big important things. You will feel it in the warm and familiar way we talk to each other and you’ll feel it in the way we engage with the wider community, too.
As a company – we are true to our word. When we say we are going to do something, we go all out to do it. Every individual is truly valued.
Established in 1919, we now have 72 stores across the UK and provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as ROLEX, TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling and Tudor.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £15 million to over 750 different charities.
We were awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2020 and have featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 17 consecutive years – ranking number 9 in 2020. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded ‘Best Place To Work’.
Applications should go via our website at: https://recruitment.beaverbrooks.co.uk/members/?j=710