We are looking for a watchmaker to fill the following full-time vacancy in our workshop in Maidenhead. You will work on a wide variety of interesting Christopher Ward watches and movements, including our own in-house calibres, amongst a friendly team.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of quartz and mechanical movements.
Ultimately, you will ensure the repairs are delivered on time and will match our mission to deliver high quality products and service.
As part of the weekly routine, you will ensure our new products have a thorough quality control and give regular feedback to our Swiss team’s ongoing product improvements.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate individual with the ability to work independently and also as part of a team. You will report directly to our Watch Technician manager.
- Provide diagnosis and repair to watches according to the required quality standards and deadlines
- Complete and partial servicing of all CW movement models including mechanical (SW200, SW330, SW510), quartz, in-house SH21, ETA based and Modular Chronograph movements
- Thoroughly test according to working instructions and quality control on all completed repairs
- Visually checking all incoming components (dials, cases, hands, crystals, movements etc.) for damage, marks and scratches to ensure that they meet the agreed specification and report any quality issues
- To carry out quality control on all completed new build and aftersales watches
- Liaise with the manager to ensure quality control standards on repairs and keeping customers informed as to progress, particularly with a view to maintaining the momentum when repairs need prior approval
- Assisting other departments when required (e.g. engraving, fitting case backs, fitting straps, buckles, etc)
- BHI, Wostep or equivalent qualifications
- 2-3 years’ experience in servicing and repairing of watches
- Meticulous attention to detail/accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team