This role as a Watchmaker is a unique opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art workshop under the Xupes group, adding value to our existing business but also operating independently to offer repair, servicing and polishing services to new and existing customers. This offers the chance to work with a variety of brands from our head office in Bishops Stortford in Hertfordshire and in our well-equipped workshop. We already have accreditations from Omega and Cartier, as well as other potential Richemont brands. You will have the opportunity to further your training in introducing new accreditations and maintain our existing affiliations.
The Watchmaking & Polishing department will echo the Xupes principles and our exacting standards, working to offer services to customers and the trade matching the quality of the manufacturers. The long-term view will be to establish the company as an authorised service centre for chosen brands and grow to become a leader within this industry in the UK.
You will be required to work under pressure working towards time deadlines and to set up the supply chains and control of parts. This will mean juggling your workload to cope with last minute servicing needs.
Should you have existing accreditations in Breitling, Rolex, Jaeger le Coultre, Tag Heuer or any of the other brands we specialise in, this will be of additional benefit.
- Full involvement in all workshop processes.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the equipment in the workshop.
- Responsible for the presentation and cleanliness of the workshop.
- Servicing of all types of high-end watches including chronographs and small complications.
- Ensuring quality of the repairs are in line with the accredited brands
- Assisting from time to time in polishing of watches and jewellery.
- Tools/parts supply and control for the brands we work on.
- Initial assistance in reconditioning cases.
- Occasional interaction with clients and presentation at events held by Xupes Limited.
- Analysing watches for servicing cost with purchasing department when required.
- Working closely with workshop manager with monthly reviews and KPIs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Existing Rolex, Omega or Cartier accreditation preferable.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Working well as part of a team.
- A self-starter, able to work independently.
- Previous watchmaking and/or polishing experience with the brands Xupes offers for sale.
- Experience working on both quartz, automatic, chronograph movements and small complications movements.